30th Rotary Cartoon Awards in Harbour/ Australia 2018
Rules and Entry Conditions
Please Read Carefully
1. The 30th Rotary Cartoon Awards in 2018 has two sections (S1 and S2).
2. SECTION 1 is open to residents of Australia over the age of 18 years. The Cartoon of the Year winner will be selected from this section only.
2B. There is a LIMIT OF THREE ENTRIES per category and entries may be either previously published or unpublished.
3. SECTION 2 includes an International and a Junior (12-18 Yrs) category.
3B. There is a LIMIT OF TWO ENTRIES in each category and entries may be either previously published or unpublished.
4. All entries must not have been previously entered in the Rotary Cartoon Awards.
5. Entrants are required to title their own works and to specify in which category or
categories the work is entered.
6. Entries submitted must not be framed or on canvas as they will be hung in the Bunker’s own frames.
7. Entries may either be sent via post, digitally via WETRANSFER.COM, or hand-delivered to the Bunker Cartoon Gallery, Coffs Harbour. Entries must be sent prior to the closing date and late entries will not be accepted. To facilitate processing by our Volunteers, EARLY ENTRIES are greatly appreciated. CLOSE OFF DATE FOR ENTRIES: 4pm Sunday 15 JULY 2018.
HARDCOPY ENTRIES: All entries submitted in hardcopy by post or delivered must be originals, either in colour or black & white. Entries must be clearly labelled with the
entrant’s name, address, telephone number and email address. This information must be written in pencil in the top left-hand corner on the reverse of the work, beneath the title of the work. A completed entry form should accompany works. If submitting multiple
entries only one entry form is required to cover all works.
DIGITAL ENTRIES: All entries must be sent via WETRANSFER.COM in 300dpi, JPEG
format, and may be either A4 (210mm x 197mm) or A3 (420mm x 297mm) in either
colour or black and white. Entrants are asked to specify the size for printing. Entries should be sent accompanying a completed entry form.
8. Entrants retain copyright of their entered works and grant The Bunker Cartoon Gallery
Inc. permission to exhibit and reproduce the works in a catalogue or similar, onto cards or in an electronic format, and may be copied or used at the Rotary Club’s discretion, any time in the future, including copies offered for sale through the Bunker Cartoon Gallery in Australia.
9. The organisers will appoint suitable judges. Judges will not be eligible to enter
the competition. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be
10. Winners of the 2018 Awards will be announced on 1 September 2018 at the
Awards Presentation evening at the Bunker Cartoon Gallery. Finalists will be advised prior to the event.
11. Entry into the Awards will be taken as an agreement to accept these rules and entry
conditions. (Issue Date: 24 April, 2018)
12. Entry into the 2018 Awards does not guarantee that your work will be hung as part
of the 2018 exhibition.
AWARDS AND PRIZE MONEY: section 1
OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE
CATEGORY 1ST PLACE MERIT
Best Cartoon - Political Theme $1,000 $500
Best Cartoon - Open Theme $1,000 $500
Best Cartoon - Sporting Theme $1,000 $500
Best Caricature of a Well-known Person $1,000 $500
Best Comic Strip $1,000 $500
Special Category – ‘Plastic Planet’ $1,000 $500
CARTOON OF THE YEAR* $2,000 N/A
One cartoon will be selected from shortlisted entries in the above categories and awarded the Rotary 2018 Cartoon of the Year. The winner will be presented with a special Rotary 2018 Cartoon of the Year Trophy. The Rotary Cartoon of the Year winner will not necessarily be a winner in any of the individual categories.
AWARDS AND PRIZE MONEY: section 2
SPECIAL CATEGORIES* - LIMITED TO 2 ENTRIES PER CARTOONIST
CATEGORY 1ST PLACE MERIT
International Category – ‘Australia as I see it’ $1,000 $500
12-18 years Category – ‘My Smartphone’s Broke’ $1,000w $500V
*Section 2 entries do not form part of the Cartoon of the Year Award. wFirst place award will be $500 to Artist and $500 to their School. VMerit award will be $250 to the Artist and $250 to their School.
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – 4PM SUNDAY 15 JULY 2018
The Bunker Cartoon Gallery, John Champion Way,
Coffs / Harbour