Humoralia Mostra d`humor Grafic/ Spania 2019
From Humoràlia in Catalonia (Spain), we share these bases for a sample
of Graphic Humor that should serve to visualize the inequality of
women in the world.
It will be an exhibition without any economic profit, organized by the
NGO Coordinator of Lleida to raise awareness among the population.
The exhibition will be itinerant in schools, civic and public centers
without receiving any consideration in exchange.
The 50 selected will be sent by mail 2 copies of the catalog.
You can send old or already published drawings.
If you are a cartoonist we ask for your participation and if it is
not, we ask you to disseminate these bases. Thank you.
Greetings and we hope your participation and dissemination of these
bases that are written in Catalan, Spanish, English and French.
The Coordinator of No-Governmental Development Organisations and others Solidarity Movements of Lleida
and Humoralia organize the Graphic Humor Show “Women in movement “.
The purpose of the exhibition is to carry out an awareness-raising action aimed at society in order to
publicize the inequalities that produce discriminations and highlight the importance of the Women’s Rights included in the
Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW).
Graphic art is a visual journalistic genre of denunciation and citizen commitment that aims to contribute to reflection,
In this case, the causes of gender discriminations against women
B a s e s
1. Any professional artist or amateur can take part in the exhibition.
2. The exhibition topic is Women’s Rights: equality and equity, sexual and reproductive rights, access to education, equal pay,
access to the governing bodies, for a life free of violence (sexist violence, sexual slavery, trafficking, etc ...).
3. The Deadline for sending the works finishes on June 25, 2019.
4. The works may be carried out in any technique, with Din A4 format (210 mm x 297 mm) or proportional.
5. Participants may send a maximum of 3 works, in black and white or in colour, if it is possible without text. In case of including a text,
this must be in Catalan, Spanish, English or French.
7. In the same e-mail, include a document containing the following information:
Title of the work, name and surname(s), pseudonym, postal address, telephone (with the corresponding international prefix)
, e-mail, a brief CV and a photography or caricature of the author. The organization undertakes to confirm receipt of the work via e-mail.
8. Due to the character of the Exhibition, the selected works will be not rewarded with any economical amount. Evertheless, the
organization undertakes to send by post mail 2 copies of the printed catalogs to the authors of the selected works.
9. An on-line catalog with the selected works will be edited and published on the website of the Coordinadora
10. A jury made up of qualified specialists in Solidarity and Graphic Humour will make a selection of 50 works among the presented ones.
11. The jury’s decision will be unappealable.
12. The selected drawings will be part of an itinerant exhibition of Humoràlia and The Coordinator of No-Governmental Development
Organisations and others Solidarity Movements of Lleida.
13. The works, as are digitals, will not be returned.
14. The author’s participation in the contest implies permission
for the work to join the works presented and
take part in the publication in an exhibition and a virtual gallery. The only aim of that use is to raise awareness between the populations
about the causes of gender discrimination against women.
The use of the work will have no lucrative purpose. In all media where the work is published, the author’s name
will always be indicated.
15. Taking part in the Exhibition implies accepting the entire terms and conditions.
The Jury will solve any doubt that can arise.