Regulation for the Sardine Contest Festas de Lisboa 2015, Portugal
1. "Sardine Contest Festas de Lisboa’15" is the initiative of EGEAC, Empresa de Gestão de Equipamentos e Animação Cultural, E.M. (hereinafter called EGEAC), that aims to stimulate the participation of all in creating the image of the sardines that will be used as part of Festas de Lisboa’15 campaign.
2. The patrimonial author rights over the winning sardines belong exclusively and originally to EGEAC, according to Article 14, nr. 1 of the Portuguese Code of Copyright and Related Rights which includes the rights foresee in articles 67º and 68º of the same Code such as the reproduction, distribution and the communication to the public, which includes, namely, the disclosure, the publication in press or by any other means of graphic reproduction, public exposure, fixation, distribution, broadcasting by any process of sign, sound or image reproduction, the adaptation to any material support or the execution of any other transformations, the use in another work, the reproduction, direct or indirect, temporary or permanent by any means and in any form, in whole or in part.
3. The patrimonial author rights are EGEAC’s property definitively and without time limit.
4. For purposes of Article 14, nr. 4, of the above mentioned Portuguese Code, the use of the selected and winner proposals for the purposes laid down in this regulation, does not confer upon its author(s) the right to any further financial provision or to any other benefit in kind, being the copyright originally, for those purposes, in the property of EGEAC.
5. The use for other purposes than those specified in this Regulation, in particular in commercial projects, such as publications or merchandising for sale, will be subject to prior contact with the concerned authors.
6. Not winning proposals, when used by its authors or a third party, must include a reference to the participation in the Sardine Contest Festas de Lisboa’15. Prior knowledge of any use should be given to EGEAC.
7. The participation in the "Sardine Contest Festas de Lisboa’15", by submitting a sardine proposal implies the total acceptance of the conditions presented in this Regulation.
1. This contest is open to all Portuguese and foreign, resident and non-resident in Portugal, legal or natural persons of all ages.
2. EGEAC workers as well as their spouses, ascendants and descendants are impeded to apply to the "Sardine Contest Festas de Lisboa’15".
3. Proposals may be submitted individually or collectively (co-authored); each author is allowed to submit a maximum of three sardine proposals.
4. The candidates are responsible for the proposal’s originality, assuring its authorship and assuming all the responsibilities that may run from eventual complaints from third parties with relation to author rights, related rights and rights of personality.
2. The solutions for the situations mentioned above in the present article, as well as for the omissive situations, are EGEAC’s exclusive responsibility and will be disclosed by it and by the means considered convenient.
1. The submitted sardine proposals shall be mandatorily original and unpublished.
2. Proposals must be recognized as sardines and not to be confused with any other fish. A basic sardine silhouette is provided in www.festasdelisboa.com .
3. The proposals legibility and adaptability to different means and communication materials of Festas de Lisboa’15 will be valued in the selection of the winners.
4. Sardine proposals may be executed with manual or digital techniques, under the following conditions:
a) proposals in manual techniques (on paper/cardboard, collage, photography or three-dimensional object) should be photographed or scanned in order to be attached to the application form as a file.
The file should be presented as JPEG/JPG (size up to 50 MB), on a format A3 (42 x 29,7 cm) and a resolution of 300 dpi;
b) the digital proposals should be presented as JPEG/JPG files (size up to 50 MB), on a format A3 (42 x 29,7 cm) and a resolution of 300 dpi;
c) the video proposals should be presented as MPEG/MPG or MOV files (size up to 50 MB).
5. Sardine proposals cannot contain any element of identification of its author(s) or any brand label, including Festas de Lisboa label.
1. Participation in this contest only takes place online on the website www.festasdelisboa.com .
2. The candidates should firstly register and login on the above mentioned website (www.festasdelisboa.com).
3. Each sardine proposal should be attached, as a file, on the application form on the website, by fill in the application form.
4. To each sardine proposal an application form should be filled in and submitted.
5. Other situations specified and pre-determined on the website (www.festasdelisboa.com):
a) Underage candidates: the registry should be done under the author’s name. The parents/legal guardian details are also requested in the registry and should be filled in;
b) Institutions: Schools and NGO’s may also apply. The registry should be done under the institution’s name, but a responsible person should be appointed and duly identified in the registry.
1st phase: Reception of proposals and exclusion of those that don’t fulfil this Regulation;
2nd phase: Jury selection of 5 (five) sardine winning proposals, from among all proposals validated for the Contest.
1. Five (5) sardines will be awarded.
2. To each winning proposal it will be given a monetary prize, in the amount of € 2,000.00 (two thousand euros), tax free.
3. Prizes can only be given upon presentation of the candidate’s legal receipt.
1. All validated proposals are evaluated by EGEAC’s Jury.
2. Proposals are evaluated anonymously by the Jury, without any identifying element of their authors.
3. The methodology adopted to evaluate the proposals to be selected is an exclusive decision of the Contest’s Jury.
4. Jury’s decisions are taken by majority, not permitting any recourse or reclaim over them.
1. The schedule to be considered by the candidates is:
a) Deadline for proposal submission: 3rd of December 2014; the proposals will only be considered valid since presented until 3 p.m. of the mentioned day;
b) Deadline for announcement of winning proposals by Jury selection: 15th of May 2015.
2. The winners (of the five prizes) will be informed by email or telephone.b) Deadline for announcement of winning proposals by Jury selection: 15th of May 2015.
2. The winners (of the five prizes) will be informed by email or telephone.