Published: 25 April 2023
Last Updated: 25 April 2023
ХII INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL FOR CARICATURE MASTERS OF CARICATURE Plovdiv’ 2023/BULGARIA
ХII INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL
M A S T E R S O F C A R I C A T U R E
SUBJECT: THE MAGIC IN TIME AND SPACE
The theme of the current edition is focused on the world of the supernatural and magic, which have accompanied humanity since ancient times. In its essence, magic is a set of knowledge and ritual practices based on the belief in the possibility of influencing people, animals and natural phenomena in a supernatural way.
Every nation has good and demonic characters united by magic in its traditional culture. By resorting to her help, people seek to compensate for the impossibility of achieving the desired through rational means. Magic is called upon to fill this gap, replacing the lack of knowledge with the wrong association of ideas and absolutizing the principle that "liking begets liking."
The figure of the sorcerer/sorceress is central to magical beliefs and practices, customs and rites around the world. We hope it will also find a place in your caricatures.
We are looking forward to your works!
Address for submission:
Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
2 Dr. Stoyan Chomakov str.
1. The Biennial for Caricature is open to professional and amateur caricaturists from all over the world;
2. Each participant should send up at least one piece of work 210/297 (A4 format);
3. The caricatures may be colourful or black and white;
4. Participants should send their caricatures by July 31, 2023;
5. Caricatures, sent only via email can be included in the exhibition but will not participate in the competition and will not be awarded.
6. It is advisable that participants also send a photograph or take-off and CV, along with their caricatures.
7. An international jury will nominate five caricaturists who will be conferred the title of Master of Caricature;
8. Awarded caricatures are not sent back;
9. The rest of the caricatures will be sent back if authors state that in written form;
10. The Catalogue of the exhibition will be given free of charge to participants whose caricatures are included in the Catalogue.
Time and venue: October 1, 2023, at 18:00
in the Regional Ethnographic Museum.
Submission deadline: July 31, 2023
The nominated works will be kept in the Works of Fine Art Stock of the Regional Ethnographic Museum – Plovdiv
Phone: ++ 359 32 626339.