The 1st International Cartoon Festival On "International Al-Guds Day"
Coinciding with the arrival of holy Ramadan 1435 AH, "The Ahlulbayt News Agency – ABNA”, in cooperation with the “Committee for Supporting the Islamic Resistance of Palestinian people” and “Islamic Art Portal Site” (www.islamicartz.com) is going to hold the 1st International Cartoon Festival on International Quds Day under the title of “Quds Day, A day of Unity and Strength of Muslim Ummah”.
The contest will be held in the following two sections:
1) Main section: “International Quds (Jerusalem) Day”
2) Special section: “Excommunication (Takfirist) movements with the intension of pushing Palestine into oblivion”
1. Cartoonists can send their works in any of the two abovementioned main and special sections.
2. Each cartoonist can send a maximum of three works in each section to participate in the contest.
3. Cartoons to be sent in A4 size (300 dpi resolution and jpg format).
4. Cartoonists shall be free to choose any technique they wish to use.
5. Jpg files should be named according to the following examples in ENGLISH language:
((Name & Surname of the Designer – Number of the Cartoon – Cell Phone Number (dot) jpg))
such as: Amir Amiri-01-09120000000.jpg
6. Cartoons must be accompanied by the completed Application Form and a scanned copy of National ID Card (for Iranian participants) or the first page of passport (for non-Iranian participants).
Participants may submit the requested documents on a CD to the postal address of Festival’s Secretariat, or via email (attach your files).
7. The signatory of the Application Form shall be considered the owner of the dispatched work(s). If proved otherwise, dispatched cartoons shall be eliminated from the competition.
8. Cartoons must be new and not participated in other festivals. In case of non-compliance with this requirement, works shall be eliminated and the awards – if presented – must be returned.
9. Festival’s Secretariat shall be entitled to use the participating cartoons in any way.
10. Dispatched works shall not be returned to the senders.
11. All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation in the
12. Sending works shall be regarded as acceptance of the contest’s
FIRST Winner: Honorary Diploma + US$ 1500
SECOND Winner: Honorary Diploma + 1 full Gold Coin
THIRD Winner: Honorary Diploma + 1 half Gold Coin
FIRST Winner: Honorary Diploma + US$ 2000
SECOND Winner: Honorary Diploma + 2 full Gold Coins
THIRD Winner: Honorary Diploma + 1 full Gold Coin
Deadline for sending works: 30 July 2014
Download the Application Form here
How to submit: