29th International Festival of Comics and Games in Lodz / Poland 2018
1. The competition is open to everyone and there is no given theme of the works.
2. The allowed techniques are: drawing, painting, digital art and photography.
1. A participant can submit one complete and full story, up to 8 pages.
2. By 'participant' we understand: one person responsible for the story and drawings; a duo of artists; a larger group of artists. One artist (drawer or writer) can be a part of many give or groups.
3. The pages should be in a vertical A4 (210 x 297 mm) or A3 (297 x 420 mm) format. On the back of each page there should be: title of the work, page number, name and surname of the author / s, their functions (artist / scenario etc), home address, e-mail and phone number. The names of the authors should be written only at the back of the page.
4. When sending original pages, copies or prints you should enclose a CD or DVD with the digital version of the work (tiff or jpg, CMYK, A4 - 300 DPI).
5. The package with submitted work should also include a completed and signed entry form for each author, available at www.komiksfestiwal.com.
6. The works should be securely packed in a stiff, cardboard folder, which should be signed enabling the organizers to send it back to the owner by post (copies and prints will not be returned). The organizer is not responsible for lost, incomplete, damaged or untimely competition entries.
7. The works should be sent to the following address: "EC1 Lodz - Miasto Kultury", ul. Targowa 1/3, 90-022 Lodz, Poland with a note on the package 'KOMIKS 2018'. The deadline for this year is July 31, 2018 (date is a post stamp will decide).
8. The participation fee is 30 PLN for participants from Poland, 10 Euros for participants from other countries. The amount should be transferred to the account: Stowarzyszenie Tworcow CONTUR, ul. Roosevelta 17, 90-056 Lodz, mBank, account no. PL66 1140 2017 0000 4902 0245 4189 (SWIFT: BREX PL PW MUL), and the confirmation of payment should be attached to the submitted work.
9. Only the works that comply with the requirements will participate in the competition.
10. The works allowed in the competition will be shown at the exhibition of competition works during the 29th International Festival of Comics and Games. The organizers reserve the right to verify the participants' works that are to be presented in the exposition. After the end of this festival the works might be shown in other cities of Poland.
11. All participants will be given free entry to all festival events. What's more, all participants whose work will be featured in the festival catalog will get a free copy of it.
1. The works will be evaluated by a jury appointed by the organizers.
2. The jury, after examining all the submitted works, will choose the Grand Prix, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize and three special awards.
3. All the winners will receive financial awards.
Grand Prix - PLN 7,000
1st prize - PLN 4 500;
2nd prize - PLN 3 500;
3rd prize - 2,000 PLN;
three special awards - 1 000 PLN each.
Proper tax will be deducted from all prizes.
4. The results will be announced on September 15, 2018, during the 29th International Festival of Comics and Games in Lodz.
5. The winners will be notified about the results before the festival and will be invited to participate in the ceremony - travel expenses will be reimbursed by the festival.
1. The organizers reserve the right to publish selected works in the catalog of the competition, in promotional publications, in special extra publications, press releases and on the Internet as a form of promotion of the author, comics and competition. Furthermore, the organizers will have the right to print or publish digital works in the future without authorization or fee.
2. Submitting the work to the competition is equal to transferring the author's economic rights to the organizer to use submitted works in the areas referred to in article 50 of the act of 4 February 1994 on the author's rights and related rights (Dz. U. 2017 Pos 880).
3. Participation in the competition is equal to the agreement on the processing of personal information by the organizer in accordance with the Regulation on personal data protection, passed on August 29, 1997, provided that the data will be revealed in the competition process and in accordance with its rules. According to Article 24, paragraph 1 of the regulation for the protection of personal data (Dz. U. 2016 poz. 922), the organizer of the competition informs the competitors that their personal data will be processed in the organizer's residence on the basis of the voluntary agreement of the competitor regarding the implementation of the competition rules in order to promote comics and the competition itself. Each participant has a right to inspect his personal data and apply corrections.
4. Submitting the work by a participant means that the work does not derogate the rights of third parties, especially does not infringe copyright or author’s economic or personal rights and that the participant has the consent of anyone whose image is used in the work to use it in order to participate in the competition. The participant is responsible for any claims consequential to the violation of the rights of a third party.
5. Furthermore, submitting the work to the competition is equal to agreeing to share their
personal data with a publisher interested in cooperating with the participant (unless the
participant decides otherwise and will enclose a proper statement in the submitted work).
6. After the series of the exhibitions has ended, the originals of the works will be available in the office of the Department of the Center of Comics and Interactive Narration of “EC1 Lodz – Miasto Kultury”, ul. Targowa 1/3, 90-022 Lodz or will be returned by post.
7. The rules are the only basis to conduct the competition, and their interpretation belongs to the organizers and the competition’s jury.
8. Taking part in the competition means accepting its rules.
9. The organizer reserves the right to change the rules.
Organizers: the Association of Artists CONTUR
Rules / PDF >
Application Form 2018 / Word.doc >
Source: Komiks Festival.com >