Published: 01 May 2023
Last Updated: 01 May 2023
International Cartoon Contest Cultuursmakers /Belgium,2023
Binding terms and conditions
- Anyone aged 18 and over can participate in this international contest.
- Participants declare that they agree with the terms and conditions of the contest, and the jury’s decisions.
- Participation is free.
- The deadline is August 31, 2023.
Definition of a cartoon:
A cartoon is a humorous drawing without explanatory text. This can be a parody of a current situation or simply an image of a comic situation. This cartoon can consist of a single image or take the form of a short comic with a maximum of 3 drawings. Moving images are not allowed.
The theme of this contest is "Color is the wonder of light".
• Each entrant may submit a maximum of 5 entries (color or black and white) in A4 format.
• All drawings must be submitted digitally in sufficiently high quality: A4 600 dpi with a maximum size of 8 MB. Accepted file formats are jpg, png, psd, eps and pdf.
• The drawings must be original, i.e. not previously awarded, published or exhibited. They may not be provided with text, nor may the name 'Cultuursmakers' and the logo of the association be used.
• Entries are made through the website www.cultuursmakers-cartoons.be where a registration form can be filled in and files can be uploaded immediately.
• The participant agrees that the personal information (name, e-mail, address) will be used to inform her/him about the competition.
Originality of the works:
- The participant is responsible for the originality of his works.
- Disputes and possible claims with regard to all forms of plagiarism, etc. are the responsibility of the participant.
- By participating, the participants agree to the terms and conditions of the cartoon contest and entitle the organizing association the right to publish the submitted works in the cartoon brochure and to use them for the promotion of the cartoon expo.
- For any other use of the cartoons, the cartoonist will be asked for permission in advance.
A professional jury makes a selection for the cartoon expo from the entries received and appoints the prize winners. Determination of plagiarism will result in exclusion from the entry. If, after the announcement of the prizes, plagiarism appears to have been committed, the jury may withdraw the prize after deliberation.
The laureates will be announced during the opening of the first cartoon expo. There will be no communication whatsoever about the contest. However, the organizing association will inform all participants whether they are among the winners or whether their work has been selected for the traveling cartoon expo.
Award ceremony and cartoon expo:
The winning cartoons, supplemented with an exquisite selection of the submitted cartoons, will travel through Flanders and Brussels with traveling cartoon expos from February 2024 till the end of December 2024. Each cartoon is accompanied by the name of the cartoonist and the country. The award ceremony will take place during the opening of the first cartoon expo on Friday February 9th 2024 at 8 pm in Sint-Truiden.
The participant lends his works to the organizing association for the purpose of organizing the traveling cartoon expo up to and including December 2024. The awarded works remain the property of the organizing association.
A digital and paper cartoon brochure will be published. Selected participants will receive a digital version and are entitled to one paper copy that they can obtain free of charge upon simple request. However, they are responsible for the postage themselves or collect the brochure themselves from the organizing association.
1st prize: 1.000 euros
2nd prize: 500 euros
3rd prize: 250 euros
Prize for best Flemish entry: 250 euros
Audience award: 250 euros (this prize will be awarded after the last cartoon expo).
Cultuursmakers vzw - Grotehondstraat 44, b 1/1, 2018 Antwerpen, Belgium.