9TH INTERNATIONAL CARTOON EXHIBITION Ymittos& ERGASTIRI/Greece 2021
SUBJECT: ENVIRONMENT & CLIMATE CHANGE
Terms of Participation:
• The drawings should be in black and white or in color.
• Each participant may present up to 3 works printable in A3 size with margins around drawings. It is possible to print and exhibit drawings in A4 size.
• The resolution of the works should be at least 300 dpi.
• It is preferable that the drawings do not contain any text or comments. In case they do, an English or Greek text should be definitely included.
• The use of collage is not permitted.
• The works should be sent via e-mail.
• Any drawings judged by the Jury Members to have been copied from other cartoonists’ works will be disqualified.
• The works should not have been previously published or presented in other exhibitions.
• The works should not include any offensive material.
• Each participant should make available a brief CV, an e-mail address, a Skype account (if available) and a postal address.
• All drawings participating in the exhibition may be presented in a touring exhibition in Greece or abroad.
• The works can only be used for non-profit purposes; in any case, with the name of the artist and the event explicitly mentioned.
• Any works not corresponding to the above requirements will not be accepted and the cartoonist will be informed accordingly by e-mail.
• Up to 100 drawings chosen by the Jury Members will be exhibited.
• The prizes will be decided by the Jury Members.
• The Critical Committee consists of men of letters and artists of high repute.
• The works may be used as part of the advertising campaign of the exhibition. On no account should drawings or copies be sold. Moreover, any commercial exploitation of part or all of the exhibition is prohibited.
• The participating artists will not receive payment of any kind for their participation.
• The copyright of the Exhibition is owned jointly by the organizers, the Municipality of Dafni – Ymittos and Ergastiri.
• Participation in the exhibition implies full acceptance of the above.
• Participants will receive a digital catalogue of the exhibition via e-mail.
Submission Deadline: August 31st 2021 The drawings
are to be sent to the following e-mail address:
The dates of the Exhibition will be determined on the basis of health conditions.
The exhibition will be of a competitive character and not purely demonstrative.
The best works will be awarded:
1st Prize: 500 Euro
2nd Prize: 300 Euro
3rd Prize: 100 Euro
4th Prize: an album of the expressionist painter George Bouzianis’s works published by Benaki Museum (english or greek edition).
5th Prize: book or CD.
In addition, 10 merit awards will be given.
All participants whose works will be exhibited will
receive a Digital Certificate of Participation.
On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Yannis Kaltsas Anastasios Ath. Biniskos
Ergastiri Mayor of Dafni - Ymittos