6th Edition of International Caricature Festival "FICA 2023"/Africa
The weekly Le Canard Libéré in partnership with the Moroccan Association of caricature (MAC) And the Association Atlas of Caricature (AAC) organizes international festival of caricature in Africa "FICA 2023".
Any person who participates in the contest accepts the conditions of the rules and the jury decisions.
Artificial intelligence .. Friend or foe of man?
Conditions of participation in the competition:
- The number of works per participant is limited to 2 (two). - - The works must not have been published, exhibited or awarded in Morocco or abroad.
- Format: A4, 300 dpi, JPG/JPEG and free techniques
- Works that do not meet the set conditions in this regulation will not be considered for the competition.
November 16, 2023
First prize (Duck)
Second Prize (Africa)
Third prize (Pencil Stroke)
• By participating in competitions, the author lends his works to the organizers of exhibitions.
• The works sent remain at the disposal of the organizers for two years.
• The members of the jury will be considered as participants in the exhibition and represent their own country.
• Their names will automatically be added to the list of participants (They will only participate in the exhibition, Not in competition (just participation of honor).
• The works can be used for promotional purposes (Printing, websites, newspapers, posters, invitation cards...), without the authorization of the artist and without any payment.
Tribute BOUHALI HAMID
Theme 2: Satirical Portrait of cartoonist BOUHALI HAMID
BOUHALI HAMID was born on 1945 in Essaouia, Morocco, Cartoonist, Winner of the Teacher Training Center, specialist in Plastic Arts, in the 1980s he published two cartoon newspapers: "Al Tekchab" and "Akhbar l'Souk", which were banned.
He then published comic strips and humorous postcards. Residing in Essaouira, he chairs the "Attilal" Association of Plastic Arts, with a gallery where he exhibits.